As your e-commerce business grows, it’s important now more than ever that your processes develop too. Did you know that there’s expected to be approximately 300 million online shoppers by 2023 in the US alone? That’s an incredible 91% of the whole country’s population!
With consumers carrying out an increasing amount of their shopping online, particularly during the current COVID-9 crisis, small businesses need smooth and speedy fulfillment services to compete with the giants of online retail.
Our Michigan fulfillment services can help you with a wide range of processes, from picking and packing to kitting services for your e-commerce business. Read on to learn more about why you should outsource your e-commerce fulfillment, and find further information on our same day e-commerce fulfillment services.
What is e-commerce fulfillment?
E-commerce fulfillment is one of the most important parts of the supply chain for all e-commerce businesses, large or small. Often referred to as order fulfillment, it is the essential process of supplying the correct stock to the customer that ordered it.
However, this process isn’t as simple as it sounds. For this to happen, you’ll need to:
- Safely store inventory and sort it in appropriate warehousing.
- Make sure staff picks correct products from the shelves, according to individual orders.
- Monitor staff so that these products are well-packaged.
- Ship off products for delivery and monitor mail.
If you are a small business, you may currently be managing your fulfillment processes in-house and doing all these tasks. However, if you are looking to grow and keep up with consumer demand for quick and efficient fulfillment, you should definitely consider outsourcing to a third-part logistics provers (3PL). The more you grow, the harder it is to keep up with the supplying process.
That’s where we come in. Our Michigan fulfillment services will streamline this for you, providing you with quick e-commerce fulfillment. Better yet, outsourcing means that you can focus on other parts of your business, not spend time worrying about packaging.
Why is perfecting fulfillment services so important for your small business?
Getting the right order to the right customer as quickly as possible is the lifeblood of any e-commerce business. Order fulfillment is such an important element of your business because it affects:
- Your product availability: With strong order fulfillment processes in place, you’ll be on top of stock levels and know when you need to order more. This will prevent you from overselling or selling out, which in turn keeps customers happy and protects from negative reviews.
- Your delivery times: How quickly you can get products delivered is dictated by how efficient your inventory storage is, and the shipping processes you use.
- Your business profits: When you’ve got a reliable order fulfillment service, you can get stock delivered and replaced quickly. This provides you with the capacity to sell even more, ultimately growing your business and building your profits.
As you can see, this is an essential element of e-commerce, and has a knock-on effect for the rest of your business. Now that you know why it’s important to get it right, see what benefits order fulfillment services can offer you.
What are the benefits of fulfillment services?
E-commerce fulfillment provides a number of benefits for both your business and your customers. These include:
- Helping you meet customer expectations: Customers often base their online shopping decisions on delivery times. You can keep your customers happy and loyal with quick shipping.
- Professional handling: Your stock will be kept in a professional environment, and your orders will be picked and packed by dedicated staff that specializes in e-commerce fulfillment.
- Flexibility: With the flexible shelf space provided by fulfillment services, you can scale up inventory as your business expands.
- Focus: Outsourcing the fulfillment part of the process enables you to free up your time and resources to focus elsewhere. Pursue other elements of business development, safe in the knowledge that your fulfillment is being professionally handled.
What are the signs that you should start outsourcing fulfillment 2020?
With all this in mind, you might be wondering whether you’re in a place to start outsourcing your order fulfillment. It can be hard for small businesses to know when they need to take this key step. Here are just some of the signs that you could benefit from outsourcing order fulfillment.
- High cart abandonment: Costly shipping and slow delivery times are one of the main reasons that customers abandon their cart at the last minute. Outsourcing fulfillment can slash delivery times and enable you to offer lower shipping prices, preventing those abandoned carts!
- Costs becoming too high: You need to make a profit, so keep the cost of fulfilling orders to a minimum. However, as your business grows, so do the costs of shipping, packaging, warehousing, and staffing. We can help you spend less on staffing, packaging, and warehousing space, as we already have the space, logistics and cheapest delivery options in place.
- Poor feedback: If you’re getting poor ratings because of missing delivery deadlines, it may be time to change your approach. Negative reviews and business ratings can affect your organic search result placement as well as your eligibility for some online advertising marketplaces, so it’s important to correct this before your company’s reputation is damaged. Get your orders fulfilled by a company that guarantees excellent shipping standards instead.
Ultimately, the most important reason to outsource your e-commerce fulfillment to expand your already growing business.
If you’re thinking about expansion, you already have a lot on your plate: greater order numbers, keeping on top of a number of sales channels, and increased marketing activities. If your business is already expanding, these demands fill consume your time and require you to fulfill all orders in-house.
But, it’s not too late to lessen the burden. Switching to outsourced order fulfillment will ease your worries about staff, capacity, shipping times, and warehouse space.
What services can we offer you?
Ready to outsource your fulfillment? Look no further. Our Michigan fulfillment services include:
- Picking and packing
- Kitting (combining parts into a kit, or pre-assembling kits)
- Breaking down your bulk containers into smaller units
- Combining SKU numbers
One of the biggest benefits we can offer you is same day e-commerce fulfillment. When it comes to online shopping in 2020 and beyond, speed is key. And, with consumers increasingly expecting quick delivery, we’re pleased to be able to offer same day e-commerce fulfillment. This means that orders get to your customers as quickly as possible, boosting your capacity and leaving you with happy customers.
Get in touch with us today
With increasing dependence on online shopping and a consumer demand for speedy orders, you need a reliable same day e-commerce fulfillment service to be successful. Choosing to partner with an outsourced fulfillment provider means ones less thing for you to worry about, giving you the chance to dedicate more time to your plans for business growth.
Our Michigan fulfillment services will help you meet your order requirements, grow your business, and compete with the e-commerce giants.
If you want to offer your customers fast and efficient order delivery, get in touch with us today. With a broad range of processes for e-commerce fulfillment available, we’d be happy to discuss tailoring our services to your business needs!